Keto Strawberry Shortcake Bars (Paleo + DF)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Bars
My new Keto Strawberry Shortcake Bars are the perfect sweet treat that is kid-approved and will absolutely hit the spot. These can be whipped up in no time at all and can be eaten right away or stored in the freezer for an easy dessert or snack option.
Best Keto/Paleo Sweeteners
Below are my favorite go-to sweeteners. Not only are these considered Keto, but they are also complaint when following a Paleo diet. I tend to always lean towards Monk Fruit because it tastes so close to sugar with no aftertaste. In addition, the Powdered Swerve is an amazing substitute for powdered sugar. It has the same consistency and tastes.
Steps For These Strawberry Shortcake Bars
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t overbake the shortbread. All ovens are different so it is important to keep an eye on it during the cooking process. I cook mine at 350F for 15 minutes and it is perfect.
- Freeze: The cream is not as thick as regular icing, so I like to set it by freezing it for 45 minutes before adding the strawberries. This is totally optional though. I suggest doing it this way if you are serving at a gathering and need it to hold up.
- Allow strawberries to sit: While the shortbread is baking, allow the sliced strawberries to sit in the granulated monk fruit. Allow it to sit together for at least 30 minutes will make them so much better.
- Want a thicker cream topping? If you want a thicker creamy topping, add an additional 1/3 cup of the powdered swerve. It will be a little sweeter, but it will be a lot thicker. This is an optional step.
How To Serve & Storage
I love serving these right away or eating them frozen. If you have any leftovers, I highly recommend freezing them. If you put it in the fridge, it can become soggy and sticky. However, freezing will turn them into yummy cold treat bars. I have attached a picture below so you can see what it looks like if you freeze it. Simply thaw for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Want More Healthy Desserts?
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit granulated*
- 1/2 cup ghee melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum*
- 3 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener granulated
- Make The Crust: In a large mixing bowl, add all of the crust ingredients and mix them together. The consistency will be a crumbly texture. Transfer the crust into the parchment-lined baking pan. Spread it out with your fingers and press down to compact it together. Make sure the crust is an even layer.
- Bake the crust: Bake the crust for about 15 minutes in a 350F oven until it starts to brown and remove and set to the side and allow to cool completely around 30 minutes.
- Make the icing: place the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whip using a handheld mixer. Mix for 40 seconds or until combined.
- Assemble: Top the crust with an even layer of icing then top with the strawberries. Cut into 16 pieces and eat immediately or freeze for 3 hours.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in the freezer for up to 4 months. Simply allow them to thaw for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
- You can also use erythritol, swerve, stevia in place of the Monk Fruit. If you are not low carb, you can use coconut sugar instead.
- If you are not dairy-free, feel free to sub regular cream cheese and whipped topping.
- If you want a thicker creamy topping, add an additional 1/3 cup of the powdered swerve.
- Each bar has 10 net carbs.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.