Easy and delicious Keto Shredded Chicken Teriyaki that’s perfect for meal prep or a quick weeknight family dinner. Serve it with cauliflower rice and steamed veggies or in a butter lettuce cup. Keto, Paleo, and Healthy!
- Place the chicken breast into the crockpot. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, sesame oil, water, ground ginger, garlic, swerve, rice vinegar, and garlic, and pour over the chicken. Don’t add the xanthan gum at this point.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Once cooked, remove the chicken breast and place them on a plate. Transfer the liquid to a small pot and place over medium-high heat. Add the xanthan gum and heat for 3-4 minutes or until it thickens. While this is heating, shred the chicken and add it back to the crockpot. Pour over the teriyaki sauce.
- Serve it in a butter lettuce cup or with cauliflower rice and steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Instructions
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, sesame oil, water, ground ginger, garlic, swerve, rice vinegar, and garlic,
- Place the chicken breasts in the instant pot in a single layer and pour the sauce over the chicken.
Close the lid, seal the pot, and set the vent to “sealed”. Cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then open the vent to release the remaining pressure. Open the lid carefully and transfer the chicken to a plate. Shred the chicken.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté. Once the sauce in the Instant Pot begins to simmer, slowly stir in the xanthan gum. Continue whisking for 1-2 minutes to make sure the sauce is smooth and thick.
- Transfer the shredded chicken to the instant pot and stir to coat the chicken with the sauce. Turn the Instant Pot off. Serve garnished with green onions and toasted sesame seeds over cauliflower rice (if desired).
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
- If you are not diet-specific, you can sub regular brown sugar for brown swerve. For keto, you can also sub golden monk fruit for brown swerve if needed.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot/ Crockpot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Shredded Teriyaki Chicken, Crockpot, Instant Pot, Keto