Enjoy these Southern keto fried green tomatoes served with a zesty dipping sauce that will keep you coming back for more. Only 2 NET carbs per serving and tastes like the real thing!
Fried Green Tomatoes
- 3 medium green tomatoes, sliced (1/4–1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup crushed pork rhinds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- avocado oil (for frying)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablspoons unsweetened coconut milk, canned
Zesty Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo
- 1 1/2 teaspoons horsheradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers
Cut the tomatoes into ¼-1/2 inch slices and dry them by pressing between a paper towel. Mix the almond flour, pork rinds, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley together in a bowl. Beat the eggs and coconut milk together in a separate bowl.
Dip the tomatoes into the egg mixture and then transfer into the breading mixture. Shake off any excess breading and place sheet pan.
Once all the tomatoes are coated, heat a cast iron skillet to medium/high heat and add the avocado oil, around 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of oil. Fry the tomatoes in batches for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Once cooked, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels so any excess oil can drain off. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a mason jar or bowl.
Serve immeditaly with the dipping sauce.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer, cooking in batches. Cook for4 minutes per side, flip and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the tomatoes in a single layer.
Preheat the oven to 425F. Spray the tomatoes with oilve oil cooking spray. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown.
- I love the Epic brand pork rhinds.
- Slice the tomatoes 1/4-1/2 inches thick. I recommend not cutting them super thin because they will get soggy really quick.
- A few minutes on each side will do the trick. Don’t overcook.
- Make sure not to flip them over and over. I like to only flip them once. This will ensure that all that crispy coating stays in place and doesn’t fall off.
- Cook them in batches and don’t over crowd them in the skillet.
- 2 NET CARBS PER 2 TOMATOES WITH 1 1/3 TBSP SAUCE
- Category: Side Dish/ Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop/Oven/Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 fried tomatoes with 1 1/3 tbsp. sauce
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 1.4
- Sodium: 379
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 37
Keywords: Fried Green Tomatoes, Keto, Keto Fried Green Tomatoes, Paleo, Gluten Free, Tomatoes