- 1 (12 ounce) container dairy free sour cream (Forager)
- 4 ounces dairy free cream cheese* (Kite Hill)
- 1 1/2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt the ghee in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions to the butter and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Then reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once carnalized, remove from stove and allow to cool.
- To a large mixing bowl add all of the ingredients including the caramelized onions. Using a hand held mixer, mix on medium speed until combined.
- Serve immediately or for best results, chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Kite Hill Cream Cheese and Forager Sour Cream are both compliant brands for Whole30 and Keto.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week in an air tight container.
- For the 4 oz. of cream cheese, I just use half the container.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer/Dip
- Method: Stovetop
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 serving (2 ounces)
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 191
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 30
Keywords: Keto French Onion Dip, Dip, Whole30, Keto, Dairy Free, Gluten Free