- 1 1/3 cup peanut butter or almond butter (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon canned coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted or vegan butter
- 1 1/4 cup powdered keto sweetener powdered swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 oz. keto chocolate or dark chocolate of choice*
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for chocolate coating)
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Use a hand held mixer and mix on medium speed until completely combined. The consistency will be dough-like.
- Place in heart molds or molds of choice. If you do not have molds, feel free to roll these into balls and place onto a baking sheet.
- Transfer the molds or baking sheet to the freezer and freeze for a minimum of 45 minutes to 1 hour (or longer) until they are firm enough to dip into the chocolate. Line another cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
Using a double boiler, fill the bottom boiler with about 1 inch -1.5 inches and simmer over low heat. In the top boiler. Add in the chocolate chips and stir continuously until completely smooth and melted. Add in the 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix. This will make the chocolate really smooth.
Using a fork, dip each peanut butter heart into the melted chocolate. Gently tap any excess chocolate off, then place onto the wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all the hearts have been dipped in chocolate. Sprinkle each heart with Kosher salt if desired. Place them in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden.
Store the hearts in an airtight container in the fridge or you can freeze them for up to a month.
- If you do not have heart molds, feel free to roll them in balls instead.
- For Keto, Lily’s Chocolate Chips are great. For Dairy Free and Paleo, I love using HU Chocolate.
- Nutrition is calculated using peanut butter and Lil’s Chocolate Chips. 2 Net carbs per heart. Take the fiber and subtract it from carbs to get NET.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 heart
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 2