- 3 cups fresh cranberries, cleaned
- 1 cup allulose or real sugar if not SF
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup granular monk fruit or real sugar for rolling
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of allulose and 1 cup of water. Cook this mixture on medium/low heat for 5 minutes or until the mixture is clear.
- Add the cranberries into the simple syrup and cook for 4 minutes on medium/low. Do not overcook or the berries will turn mushy and will become a mess.
- Removed the cooked berries with a slotted spoon and place them on a cooling rack in a single layer. Allow them to dry at room temperature for 30 mins to an hour. While drying the cranberries will become sticky.
- Roll each berry in granulated monk fruit or sugar. Place them on a plate to dry for another hour or so.
- Add in cocktails, on top of cakes/cookies or they are great for snacking.
Serving: There are SO many ways to spruce up your holiday treats with these candied cranberries:
- Decoration: Make everything festive! Use your candied cranberries to spruce up a holiday cheese board, add flair to a gingerbread house, or to give your serving platters a little extra something.
- Garnish: Candied cranberries are the perfect garnish for festive holiday cocktails, like my sparkling cranberry gin fizz.
- Baked Goods: Use them to top cakes, cookies, and other tasty treats.
Sugar Swaps: Do NOT use granulated Monk Fruit as a replacement for allulose in the simple syrup. It will not have the same texture. Allulose creates a sticky coating that stays sticky once cooled. Unfortunately, monk fruit does not have the same effect.
Extra Simple Syrup: If you have extra syrup, save it! Add it to a jar and save it for cocktails, baked goods, coffee, or protein shakes.
Storage: Store your sugared cranberries in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Roll them in a fresh bowl of sugar to freshen them up when ready to use again.
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information below accounts for using fresh cranberries, allulose sweetener, water, and monk fruit. Be aware that using regular sugar will alter the nutrition facts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert/Snacks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
Keywords: candied cranberries, sugared cranberries, keto, sugar-free