Super moist Keto Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze. Don’t skip on muffins just because you are following Keto or Paleo, be sure to give this recipe a try.
- 2 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit Syrup (Or Maple Syrup for Paleo)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp melted ghee or coconut oil
- 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (See notes)
- 2 1/2 tbsp monk fruit syrup (for Keto) or maple syrup (for Paleo)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Monk Fruit sweetener, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pure vanilla, almond milk, and melted ghee.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in ¼-cup increments.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the paper liners.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer to a rack and allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by adding all the ingredients to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then lower heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Make sure to stir as the mixture heats.
- Transfer the glaze to a small bowl and place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and allow to cool. As the glaze cools, it will begin to thicken.
- Drizzle each muffin with the glaze and lemon zest before serving.
- If leftovers, store in an airtight container. Will last up to 1 week.
- For the coconut cream you will use the thick top part of the canned coconut milk, unsweetened .
- Make sure the egg and almond milk is at room temperature to prevent clumping.
- The nutrition below is for 1 muffin without the glaze. 1 tbsp of glaze (Using Monk Fruit) is an EXTRA 30 calories and 1 additional carb.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 1.8
- Sodium: 121.7
- Fat: 5.4
- Carbohydrates: 5.2
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Keto Blueberry Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, Keto Desserts, Paleo Desserts, Paleo, Keto, Desserts, Pastries