- 1 1/2 lb 90/10 ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 large onion ((thinly sliced))
- 15 oz can sliced mushrooms ((drained))
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 4 tbso Mac’s Awesome Sauce ((*See notes for recipe))
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic ((minced))
- Mix the ground beef, coconut aminos, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl and form the mixture into 4 equal-size balls.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet or large pan over high heat until the oil begins to shimmer. Cook the burger patties until golden brown or until desired doneness. Around 4-5 minutes on each side or until internal temp is 165F.
- Remove the burger patties and add to a plate. Cook the bacon as directed on the package or add to a lined baking sheet and cook in a 425F oven for 10 minutes.
- In the same skillet add the onion slices, minced garlic and mushrooms. Saute until onions are translucent and mushroom are browned. Around 4-5 minutes
- Clean the butter lettuce and pat dry with a paper towel. Add a leaf to a plate. Top the lettuce leaf with a burger patty, then a tbsp of Mac’s Awesome Sauce, a slice of bacon, then a desired amount of the mushroom and onion mixture. Add another butter lettuce leaf to the top and enjoy!
CLICK HERE for Mac’s Awesome Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish