This Taco Pasta recipe is the perfect family meal that can be on the table in 20 minutes for less. This dish involves minimal ingredients with minimal clean up. Additionally, it is great for meal prep for easy meals throughout the week.
Taco Skillet Ingredients:
- 3 ½ cups wheat pasta
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- ¾ cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- ½ cup shredded cheese of choice*
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Diced red onions, green onions and tomatoes for garnish.
- 1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
Taco Skillet Instructions:
- Fill a medium size sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, add a tsp of salt and your pasta. Boil until al dente, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast iron or non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsbp of olive oil along with the beef and brown. Around 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the seasoning and add in the tomato sauce and bring to a slight simmer for a minute or so.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and transfer to the cooked beef in the large skillet.
- Additionally, add the corn and black beans to the pasta and beef and mix it together with a spoon until all ingredients are combined.
- Sprinkles cheese over the top of the pasta and garnish with diced tomatoes, diced red onions, green onions.
- I also add a tbsp of Greek yogurt to the top of each serving.
- For the shredded cheese, I used the finely shredded 3 cheese mix.
- If you have leftovers, add to an air tight container and store for up to one week in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
- Nutritional facts are calculated without the Greek Yogurt
- Category: Dinner/Quick Meals
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 5.1
- Sodium: 272
- Fat: 8.5
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 8.5
- Protein: 30
- Cholesterol: 57