- 2 lbs. chicken breast, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- sliced green onions and extra sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp honey*
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum*
- Heat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add the 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil and saute the chicken until browned around 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165F.
- While the chicken is cooking whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce except the xanthan gum in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat. As it begins to warm, add the xantham gum, whisk until the sauce is thick.
- Once the chicken is cooked completely, pour the sauce over the chicken and stir until evenly coated.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice and veggie of choice.
- Garnish with extra sesame seeds and green onions.
- For Keto, sub sugar free syrup for the honey or maple syrup
- Sub tapioca or arrowroot flour for xanthan gum. Use 1 1/2 tablespoon flour dissolved in 2 tablespoons water.
For the slow cooker method, see above in the blog post.
Serve with cauliflower rice for keto/paleo and regular brown rice for gluten-free.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutirtion is calculated using honey.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven/Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Healthy Sesame Chicken Recipe, Sesame Chicken Slow Cooker, Sesame Chicken Gluten Free