This healthy Cobb salad is packed with protein, veggies, & the ultimate homemade ranch dressing. An easy, 30-minute meal for the whole family! Keto option included.
- 2–3 grilled chicken breast
- 4 large eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 5–6 cups mixed greens of choice
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
Grill the chicken breasts on the stovetop or the grill for about 7 minutes on each side. Use 1 tablespoon of olive or avocado oil.
- Boil the eggs while the chicken is cooking. Place water into a pot and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and let simmer for about 10-11 minutes. Place the eggs into an ice bath for 3-4 minutes. Peel and slice into quarters.
- Place the greens in a platter or large bowl of choice. Begin building the salad, by adding all the ingredients in groups. Start with the chicken in the middle, then on the outside add the cheese, tomatoes, corn, blueberries, eggs, avocado, and red onion.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing over the entire salad and give it a good toss until mixed together.
- You can also build this like a buffet and have all the ingredients out and build individual salads based on preference
Make-Ahead: This salad is an easy recipe to make and bring with you to your next family gathering or to have on hand for quick lunches. Simply keep the dressing aside and toss it in when you’re ready to serve!
Meal Prep: For easy meal prep, add the components of the salad into individual containers and store them in the fridge. Put the dressing into small Ziploc baggies or dressing containers for easy grab & go options. Take one for a quick lunch on the go or pack one in your lunchbox!
Leftovers: If you’ve tossed the salad with the dressing, it won’t keep for very long. However, if you’ve kept the dressing separate, store leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge and use it within 72 hours.
Lemon Juice/Salt To Your Greens: For additional flavor, I add the juice of half a large lemon and 1/2 tsp kosher salt over the top of my greens. It makes such a difference.
Keto-Friendly Option: This salad is full of keto-friendly ingredients that make it naturally low carb & keto. However, eliminating the corn is your best bet for keeping the carbs even lower.
For one serving of this salad (without the corn), it’s just under 7 net carbs! That includes 2 tbsp of ranch dressing. Keto Cobb salad for the win!
- Category: Main Dish/Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy Cobb salad, keto Cobb salad, dressing on Cobb salad