Stuffed Fajita Chicken
- 4 chicken breast (flattened with meat mallet)
- 1 red pepper (.cut into thin slices)
- 1 yellow pepper (.cut into thin slices)
- 1 green pepper (.cut into thin slices)
- 1 small yellow onion (.cut into thin slices)
- 1 large avocado (smashed)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper (,to taste)
- 1 lime (, juiced)
Fajita Seasoning (this makes a big batch. Use as much as desired)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix the fajita seasoning together in a jar. This recipe makes a big batch so you will have extra.
- Place chicken breast in between two pieces of parchment paper. Pound each breast with a meat mallet until each breast is at an even thickness, aim for ½ inch thick. Sprinkle each side of the chicken breast with the Fajita Seasoning.
- Peel the avocado and add the green part to a mixing bowl along with the garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, and ½ lime juiced. Mix together until completely combined.
- Prepare the veggies by slicing the bell pepper and onion in long large slices.
- Place a spoonful of smashed avocado in the middle of the flattened chicken breast. Arrange the the peppers and onions on top of the avocado and start rolling up. Secure each breast with a toothpick or skewer.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken with more fajita seasoning.
- Add the rolled up chicken breast to the baking sheet and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serve with my fresh Cilantro Salsa. See notes for a link.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: Mexican