Juicy Greek Chicken Meatballs that are filled with so much flavor. Serve them as an appetizer paired with my tzatziki sauce or pair them with veggies or a side salad for a full meal. Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant with only 2 net carbs per serving.
- 2 pounds ground chicken*
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 shallots, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- zest from 1 lemon
- 4–5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Serve with my Tzatziki Sauce (CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE)
- Prepare: preheat oven to 350º F and spray a rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl mix together all of the meatball ingredients. Mix together with your hands or with a spoon until just combined. Make sure not to over mix.
2. Roll and Bake: gently form into golf ball-sized meatballs using hands and place on the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165F.
3. Serve: Add the meatballs to a serving platter along with my Tzatziki Sauce and lemon slices. Enjoy!
- Ground Chicken Substitutions: Feel free to sub ground beef or ground turkey
- Almond Flour Substitutions:
- Keto Subs: 1.5 teaspoons psyllium husk or 2 tablespoons coconut flour for Keto.
- Paleo Subs: 1/2 cup cassava flour for paleo
- No Dietary Concerns: 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs if you are not needing diet-specific flours.
- Storage: Add to a container with an air-tight lid and store in the fridge for 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Category: Entrees/Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Greek