Fresh homemade salsa made with simple ingredients that’s better than store-bought. It only takes 5 minutes to make and can be used for dipping or as a topping. Keto, Whole30, Paleo, and Gluten-Free.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (seeds removed, optional)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 2-second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped. Pulse until desired consistency.
Serve with sliced veggies, tortilla chips, or pork rinds.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Salsa always tastes best after it’s been refrigerated for a few hours. If time allows, I recommend letting the flavors marinate together before serving.
- Category: Appetizer/Sauce
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: best homemade salsa, homemade salsa, how to make homemade salsa