- 3 large chicken breast (or 4 small)
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes (drained)
- 1 small vidalia onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour (dissolved into 2 tbsp of water)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed or finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 basil leaves (rough chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to a hot skillet. Allow to brown and cook on each side 6 mins. Once the chicken is completely cooked, remove from the skillet.
- Add the pressed garlic along with the sliced onions to the hot skillet. Allow to cook together for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To the onions and garlic, add the tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Mix together and add the dissolved tapioca flour to the sauce and whisk together. At this point it should thicken just a little.
- Transfer the cooked chicken back into the skillet and allow to simmer together for 5 mins. Top with fresh chopped basil
- Serve over steamed cauliflower rice.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian