- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1 flank or skirt steak (thinly sliced)
- 1 bag frozen peppers and onions ((I use Pic Sweet from Walmart))
- ghee (as desired)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup roma tomaotes (diced)
- 3 tbsp red onions (thinly diced)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Clean the skins of your sweet potatoes and place to the side.
- Place steamer rack/basket (the one that comes with your instant pot) in the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water. Add your sweet potatoes to the top of the steamer rack.
- Cover and place vent or valve on lid to “sealed”.
- Use the manual mode on the Instant Pot and set to pressure cook on high for 18 minutes. (cooked 5 potatoes and they were medium sized)
- Allow pressure to release naturally. This process will usually take around 10 minutes.
- Once pressure is released, go ahead and open lid and remove potatoes.
Fajita Steak and Peppers
- Thinly slice your skirt or flank steak.
- Add your steak to a hot skillet with olive oil, and fajita seasoning (2 tbsp) along with your bag of mixed peppers and onions (I use 1 bag of the PicSweet brand from Walmart)
- Cook until steak, peppers and onions are at desired doneness.
- Peal your avocados and add to a bowl.
- Add your onions, tomatoes and seasoning and mix together with a fork until smooth.
- Mix all together and use 2 tbsp in fajita meat and peppers.
Stuffed Sweet Potaotes
- Stuff each sweet potato with fajita mixture and top with fresh guacamole.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican