- 12 large eggs
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 can Rotel
- 11/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup yellow onion (chopped finely)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or chopped finely)
- 3 tbsp canned coconut milk
- green onions for garnish
- Heat cast iron over medium heat with 1 tbsp ghee.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add the pressed garlic along with chopped yellow onion to the skillet. Brown together for a min or two.
- Add in the diced chicken, canned rotel and seasonings, (1 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper)
- While this is coming together, whisk the 12 eggs along with the 3 tbsp of coconut milk until completely combined.
- Once everything in the cast iron skillet is combined and has been heated, whisk in the eggs on top of everything in the pan. Make sure the egg mixture is spread evenly over the chicken in the skillet for even cooking.
- Add the cast iron skillet to the oven and allow to cook 25 minutes.
- While the frittata is cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat for the enchilada sauce.
- Add in the tomato sauce along with all other ingredients except for the tapioca flour.
- Once tomato sauce comes to a slow boil add in the tapioca flour and lower heat to low. As the tomato sauce continues to cook, the tapioca flour will allow it to thicken. Make sure the tapioca flour is completely dissolved. To help, I always dissolve my flour in 2 ½ tbsp of water before adding to the tomato sauce. This will allow it not to clump up and get gummy.
- Once thick, remove from heat.
- Remove Frittata and allow to cool.
- Add the enchilada sauce over the top along with fresh green onions.
- Slice and serve immediately. This will stay good for up to a week in the fridge for leftovers.
- Category: Breakfast