Nothing screams breakfast or brunch more than this Eggs Benedict Casserole. Oh my gosh, y’all, this casserole is so delicious and simple. The best part is it won’t ruin your diet. It’s Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Dairy Free.
The creamy hollandaise sauce gives this casserole a cheesy taste and texture without any actual cheese. This sauce is amazing because it really goes great with anything and is exploding with flavor. A lot of people get intimidated by this sauce, but it only takes a few ingredients and is super simple to make.
How To Make Hollandaise Sauce
- You can make this sauce by using a blender or an immersion blender.
- Melt the ghee in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds. This ghee needs to be hot and not just warm.
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, Franks Hot Sauce, salt and cayenne pepper into a high powered blender. Blend for 10 seconds. (If you are using an immersion blender, add the ingredients to a wide mouth mason jar and blend for 10 seconds).
- Slowly pour in the hot ghee into the mixture as the blender is running on medium speed.
Eggs Benedict Casserole Ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Franks Hot Sauce
- Lemon juice
Casserole Quick Tips:
- Sauté the veggies: Sauté the asparagus, onion and garlic before adding it to the eggs. This adds a ton of flavor and texture to the eggs.
- Make it ahead of time. Feel free to make the egg mixture ahead. Add the egg mixture to a baking dish and cover and add to the fridge. Remove and add to the oven when ready to eat.
- Make into muffins: If you want to make these into mini muffins, feel free to add the mixture to muffin tins instead of a casserole dish.
- Meal Prep:This is a perfect meal prep option. Make this casserole on Sunday and cut into square size servings and use as breakfast and lunch meals throughout the week.
If you are looking for the perfect breakfast or brunch casserole, look no further. This Eggs Benedict Casserole is extremely simple, full of flavor and can even serve as a great meal prep option for a busy week.Print
Breakfast and brunch just got a whole lot better with this Eggs Benedict Casserole. Creamy eggs with asparagus, onions, garlic and bacon, drenched in hollandaise sauce and garnished with crispy bacon. Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp canned coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 6 asparagus spears, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup melted ghee
- 1/2 tsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8X8 OR 9X13″ baking dish.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic, chopped onion, 3 slices bacon, chopped and asparagus chunks to the skillet.
- Sauté together for around 4-5 minutes or until tender
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk and season very liberally with salt and black pepper (about 1 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp black pepper)
- Transfer the sauteéd veggies into the beaten eggs and whisk together until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the 9X13″ baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the casserole is finished cooking, make the hollandaise sauce below.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hollandaise sauce over the entire casserole and top with the remaining chopped bacon.
- Add 3 egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, hot sauce and cayenne pepper to a mason jar.
- Heat ½ cup ghee over low heat until completely melted.
- Add a little bit of the melted ghee to the mason jar and use an immersion blender on high speed to start blending together. Slowly (really slowly) pour the rest of the melted ghee in the jar as you are blending. As you blend, the sauce will begin to thicken.
- Note: If you do not have an immersion blender, do all of the steps with a regular blender.
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Whole30, Gluten Free, Keto
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 300
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 13
Keywords: Eggs Benedict, Hollandaise Sauce, Keto Breakfast, Keto, Whole30, Brunch