- 5 medium apples or 6 small apples (peeled, cored and rough chopped)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a cast iron skillet, a 9×9 baking dish of choice, or in small individual ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped apples, tapioca flour, vanilla extract, sweetener, and lemon juice. Mix well until the apples are coated.
- Transfer the apple mixture to a 9 x 9 pan or smaller ramekins.
- To a food processor, add all the ingredients for the topping. Pulse until the mixture becomes crumbly. Evenly top the apple filling with the crumbly topping. Bake until the top is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. If your topping is starting to get too brown, closely add a piece of aluminum foil over the top and continue baking.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of dairy free ice cream.
- For vegan and dairy free, use vegan butter in place of ghee.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3-4 days without the ice cream. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- If you are wanting this recipe to have less sugar, feel free to monk fruit maple syrup for the regular maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Paleo Apple Crisp, Apple, Crisp, Paleo, Fall Recipes