- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4″ to 1/8″ thickness
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk, canned unsweetened*
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Lemon wedges
1. Line a cutting board with plastic wrap, place the chicken breast in a single layer on cutting board and cover with plastic wrap (this prevents splatter). Pound each chicken breast with a meat mallet or the back of a heavy saucepan, until 1/4″ to 1/8″ thick.
2. Add the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, baking soda, xanthan gum and cream of tarter. Mix together with a spoon until combined.
3. Beat the eggs and coconut milk together in a medium bowl.
4. Dip the chicken breast into the egg mixture.
5. Transfer the coated chicken into the almond flour mixture and coat both sides. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
AIR FRYER METHOD: Load the coated chicken into the air fryer basket and spray the coated chicken with olive oil cooking. Cook for 6 minutes at 390F. Halfway through, flip the chicken carefully and spray with cooking spray and cook for another 6 minutes at 400F.
STOVETOP METHOD: In a large skillet, heat ½ cup avocado oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Carefully add the chicken. Cook on one side for 4 minutes or so, then carefully turn over and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides (you may need to cook in batches. Be sure not to crowd)
4. Squeeze with lemon right before serving and enjoy!
- 5 NET carbs per chicken breast calculated for Air Fryer method
- If you are not dairy free, feel free to sub heavy whipping cream for the coconut milk. It won’t be paleo or Whole30, but still Keto.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Air Fryer/Stovetop
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 490
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 34
- Cholesterol: 175
Keywords: Chicken Schnitzel, Keto, Keto Chicken Recipes, Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free