Crispy and flavorful chicken wings that taste identical to a sour cream and onion chip. These are the perfect appetizer or game day treat. Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Gluten Free.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Add a rack to a baking sheet and place all of the wings on top of the rack. (The wire rack allows the wings to get crispy all the way around). If you don’t have a wire rack, just line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place wings on top.
- Prepare the wings by placing them in a bowl and drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
In a separate bowl, add the almond flour, salt, pepper, parsley, onion and garlic powder and mix together.
- Place each wing in the almond flour mixture and coat evenly. Just give each wing a good dusting and don’t over do it.
- Place the coated wings on the baking sheet/wired rack and transfer to the oven and bake for for 15 minutes then remove the wings from the oven and turn them. Add back to the oven to cook for 15-20 more minutes or until crispy.
- When the wings are completely done cooking, remove from the oven and add to a big Tupperware bowl that has a lid. Pour over the melted ghee along with the other seasoning.
- Place the lid on the container and shake until the wings are covered in the ghee and seasoning.
- Enjoy with sliced carrots, celery and my homemade ranch dressing.
- Feel free to omit the almond flour all together if you don’t want an additional coating. Instead of rolling the wings in the almond flour, just add the olive oil to the wings and season with the salt, pepper, parsley, onion and garlic powder and add to the oven. Once cooked, add the wings to container along with the ghee and the rest of the seasoning and shake until completely coated.
- There will be lots of drippings in the bottom of the Tupperware. Just spoon that over the wings before serving for additional texture and flavor.
- Since these have a coating, be sure to shake in the ghee and seasoning right before serving so they don’t lose their crispy.
- These are best eaten the day they are made. If stored in the fridge they may become soggy.
- You can also cook this in the air fryer on 380F for 24 minutes, flipping halfway through. Bump up the heat to 400F and cook another 5 minutes.
- Category: Appetizer/Main Dish
- Method: Oven/Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 300
- Sodium: 151
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 12
- Cholesterol: 55
Keywords: chicken wings, keto recipes, Keto chicken wings, wings