- Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large baking dish add the chicken breast in a single line down the middle of the baking dish.
- Coat the chicken with the seasoning along with the jar of salsa verde, green chiles, minced garlic, and salt/pepper over the chicken.
- Scoop out the cream cheese and place it in the middle of the baking dish, atop the chicken and other ingredients. Squeeze the juice of one lime over everything. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp).
- After the chicken is cooked to temperature, remove the dish from the oven. Using tongs, shred the chicken. Once shredded, use a spoon and mix everything together.
- Serve hot over cauliflower rice, brown rice, or in tortillas and garnish with fresh cilantro
Storage: Store in an airtight container for 4 days.
Dairy Substitutes: If you are not dairy-free, feel free to use regular cream cheese.
Cook time: The cook time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breast. Around 30-40 minutes.
Crockpot: Simply add all the ingredients except the cream cheese to the crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. 20 minutes before serving, add in the cream cheese and cook until melted. Shred the chicken and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: verde chicken chili bake, pollo verde casserole