- 5 medium chicken thighs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Pink salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 8oz cans mushrooms
- 1/2 large sweet onion (sliced thinly)
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 pieces bacon (chopped)
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- In a large skillet add olive oil over medium heat.
- Pat each chicken thigh dry using a paper towel then cover each thigh with mixture of the salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Add each chicken thigh to the skillet and cook until juice runs clear with no pink inside, around 8 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken thighs but keep the chicken drippings in the skillet. To this, add in pressed the garlic along with the sliced onions and 2 can of mushrooms.
- Saute together until browned then add in the chicken stock along with coconut milk. Heat this together with the onions and the mushrooms.
- Once combined, add the tapioca flour dissolved in water to the broth mixture and whisk over low heat until thick. This will begin to thicken as it heats up, it won’t happen instantly.
- Once thick, add the chicken thighs back to the mixture and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Heat up your bacon as desired.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, cauliflower mash or zoodles and garnish with crispy bacon and fresh parsely.
This sauce will be the consistency of a thicker soup. Feel free to add more tapioca flour if you would like the sauce thicker.
- Category: Main Dish