- 1 1/2 pounds scallops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Pat the scallops dry with paper towel. Season both sides of the scallops with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat with olive oil until sizzling.
- Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side (Make sure each side has a golden crust).
- Once they are cooked through and opaque, remove from skillet, transfer to a plate and set the side.
- Melt the 2 tbsp of ghee along with adding in the minced garlic and shallots. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes, Add the coconut milk along with the xanthan gum and allow to simmer until thickened.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
- Add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly.
- Garnish with additional parsley, salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
- Scallops will become extremely rubbery if overcooked.
- Sub 2 tsp of tapioca flour dissolved in 1 tbsp of water for the xanthan gum if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Entrees/Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Whole30, Gluten Free, Keto
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 0.8
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 0.5
- Protein: 14.5
- Cholesterol: 42