- If using rolled pie dough , roll it out and it to a 9 inch pie dish.
- Bottom layer: Combine the soften cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and egg in a large bowl. Blend well using a hand or stand mixer at the medium speed. Transfer this mixture and spread in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell. Place pecans in a food processor and pulse a few times. Sprinkle the top of the cream layer with the crumbled pecans.
- Top layer: Mix topping ingredients and blend at medium speed with a stand or hand mixer. Pour this mixture slowly over pecans.
- Carefully transfer the pie to the oven and bake at 375F for 45-50 minutes. As the pie is baking, keep an eye on the browning of the crust. The crust will brown nicely before the pie has completed the cooking time. When the crust is golden brown, take a sheet of aluminum foil spraying with ghee cooking spray. Lay across the top of the pie as it continues the cooking time. The pie is done when it doesn’t jiggle and is set in the middle.
- I purchase the refrigerated rolled pie crust. Let them sit at room temperature before you begin to roll it out in the pie pan. After rolling out and pressing the crust down around the edges of the pan, take a fork and fork many holes throughout the entire crust.
- I use my food processor on the pulse cycle to crumble the pecans. This make the final pie presentation so pretty.
- I will use a 9 inch pie crust and add it to a 12 inch pan just for extra room. Just so it doesn’t overflow.
- Allow the pie to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before topping with whip cream and serving.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pecan Pie, Cream Cheese Pecan Pie, Holiday Dessert, Pie Recipe