These Crackling Chicken Thighs Chicken are rubbed in homemade Cajun seasoning and cooked in a cast iron skillet and finished in the oven. These come out juicy and crispy every single time. Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Gluten Free.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
Cajun Seasoning (Makes around 3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- Heat the oven to 425F. Mix the Cajun seasoning together in a small jar and make sure completely combined. Sprinkle this seasoning all over the top of the chicken thighs, front and back. If you have any seasoning leftover, store in a jar with a lid.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, arrange the chicken thighs in the skillet, skin-side down. Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the skin is well browned, moving the thighs from time to time to make sure they are browning evenly. Do not turn them over though, keep them skin down to get that nice crisp.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and continue cooking, skin-side down, for another 10 minutes. Turn them over and continue cooking for 7 minutes longer.
- To test for doneness, insert a food thermometer into the thickest part of a thigh. The temperature should be 165F.
- Make sure to adjust heat on the stovetop as needing so the skin doesn’t burn. You want it to be crispy, but not burnt.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven/Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 647
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 14
- Cholesterol: 74.2
Keywords: Cajun Chicken Thighs, Cajun, Chicken, Chicken Thighs, Keto, Paleo, Whole30