Chocolate Crunch Cupcake
- 15 ounce box devil’s food cake mix
- 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding (dry)
- 4 Crunch® Fun Size Bars, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup all vegetable shortening (I use Spectrum)
- 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (for drizzle)
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce (for drizzle)
- 3 Crunch® Fun Size Bars, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and water mixture.
- Beat for about two minutes on medium/high speed until well combined.
- Fold in Crunch Fun Size bars with a spatula
- Using a large cookie scoop, distribute the batter into the muffin liners; about 3 tablespoons of batter per liner. Will make around 18-20 cupcakes.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-22 minutes or until the tops of the cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow cupcakes to cool inside muffin tins for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin tins and allow to fully cool on a wire rack, around 30 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter and the vegetable shortening. Beat together on medium speed until combined and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla extract along with the powdered sugar.
- Beat together for 40 seconds or until fluffy and stiff.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, ice and drizzle with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and crushed Crunch® Fun Size bars.
- For the piping, I used the number 22 Star tip.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Desset
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cupcakes, Chocolate Cupcake, Buttercream, Dessert