Cupcakes are always a good idea, especially my NEW Chocolate Crunch Cupcakes with Buttercream. These super moist chocolate cupcakes topped with buttercream frosting and crushed Nestle Crunch Bars and drizzled with chocolate and caramel will leave everyone running back for more.
Chocolate Crunch Cupcake
- 15 ounce box devil’s food cake mix
- 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding (dry)
- 4 Crunch® Fun Size Bars, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup all vegetable shortening (I use Spectrum)
- 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (for drizzle)
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce (for drizzle)
- 3 Crunch® Fun Size Bars, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and water mixture.
- Beat for about two minutes on medium/high speed until well combined.
- Fold in Crunch Fun Size bars with a spatula
- Using a large cookie scoop, distribute the batter into the muffin liners; about 3 tablespoons of batter per liner. Will make around 18-20 cupcakes.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-22 minutes or until the tops of the cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow cupcakes to cool inside muffin tins for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin tins and allow to fully cool on a wire rack, around 30 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter and the vegetable shortening. Beat together on medium speed until combined and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla extract along with the powdered sugar.
- Beat together for 40 seconds or until fluffy and stiff.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, ice and drizzle with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and crushed Crunch® Fun Size bars.
- For the piping, I used the number 22 Star tip.
- Category: Desset
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cupcakes, Chocolate Cupcake, Buttercream, Dessert