This creamy and delectable Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is the perfect family dinner that will warm your soul. This is southern healthy comfort food at its best! Whole30, Keto, Paleo, Dairy-Free and Gluten Free.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 lbs. chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 15 oz. can green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (yellow or white)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
Crust Crumble Topping
- Cook the chicken as desired and dice in cubes. Boil, bake or grill. Rotisserie chicken is even a great choice.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Heat a large cast iron or skillet over medium/high heat. Add in the ghee along with the minced garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped carrots and green beans and mix together. Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Transfer the cooked chopped chicken, salt/pepper, chicken broth and coconut milk to the skillet. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle in the xanthan gum and stir to combine. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes. As it heats, it will become a thicker consistency.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, melted ghee, baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the chicken mixture in the cast iron skillet.
- Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- If you do not have a cast iron skillet, you can transfer the mixture to a 9×13 baking dish.
- To get the crust a little more browned, simply turn on the broil to low for a minute or two. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour will work as subs for xanthan gum. 1 tablespoon dissolved in 1.5 tbsp. water.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven/Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, Keto Casserole, Paleo, Whole30, Casserole