Whole30 + Keto + Paleo Stuffed Chicken BLT
I am a southern girl by heart and love anything and everything involving bacon….like I flipping LOVE IT. As a kid, my favorite thing to eat was a juicy and fresh BLT….with white bread of course. Instead of totally giving up my beloved bacon sandwich, I have recreated this beauty in a compliant and healthy way. This Chicken Breast BLT will make you forget that bread used to be the main ingredient. It is so tasty and filling and should totally be incorporated into your weekly or monthly meal plan.
Using protein in place of bread has become a genius hack that has made healthy living an easy task for my family. I can recreate all of my favorite sandwiches just by using chicken as my bread. Simply cook up a chicken breast in the skillet and cut it horizontally down the middle when it is done. Start stuffing the inside of the chicken with all kinds of yummy ingredients. My Chicken BLT Chicken Breast sandwich is by far one of my favorite recipes. It is flavorful, satisfying and will fill you right up.
I pair this protein sandwich with my homemade garlic mayo that is to die for. Store-bought mayo doesn’t even compare to this homemade deliciousness. I always lick the spoon and sometimes even add an extra dollop…you can’t ever have enough mayo on your sandwich. The combination of the mayo, fresh tomatoes and bacon is almost too much yumminess to handle, it is so good y’all!
This fun little protein sandwich is not only yummy for lunch or dinner but can also serve as a great appetizer for your next family gathering or even on Super Bowl Sunday. You can serve whole or cut your chicken to make mini bite-size sandwiches. Parties and social gatherings don’t always have to be filled with junk, try adding in some healthy and delicious options.
This beautiful dish is Whole30, Paleo and Clean Eating compliant. I love putting a spin on unhealthy dishes and bringing them to life in a healthy way. This proves that healthy living doesn’t have to be boring and can be totally satisfying by recreating dishes that you love in new and healthy ways.
Click below to pin to your Pinterest
Shop my post
BLT Chicken Breast
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 4 pieces of bacon ((If Whole30, bacon must be complaint))
- 1 cup Arugula and Spinach mix
- 1 tomato (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 4 tbsp. Garlic Mayo
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp chives
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat your cast iron with olive oil, ghee and minced over medium heat and preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Add in your chicken breast and season with a little pepper and garlic powder and cook evenly on each
- While the chicken is cooking, add 4 slices of bacon to a baking sheet and put in the oven and cook for 15 minutes on 425F. Slice the tomatoes and clean your arugula and spinach. Once the chicken is cooked (5-6 minutes on each side) evenly on both sides, add them to your cutting board to cool.
- Place the bacon on a paper towel and blot any remaining oil off. Once chicken breast has cooled a bit, slice each chicken breast horizontally, not all the way through, but cut ¾ way through the chicken.
- Add the garlic mayo inside each chicken breast, then the lettuce, tomatoes and the best part….BACON
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Chicken