- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tbsp canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup coconut or avocado oil (for frying)
- 1 cup pickle slices (for serving)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp coconut amino
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- OPTIONAL: 1 1/2 tsp Monk Fruit syrup or maple syrup (NOT Whole30)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Add chicken to a bowl with the 1 cup pickle juice and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs, coconut milk and tbsp of pickle juice in a shallow bowl, set aside.
- Mix almond flour and seasonings in a medium bowl
- Dip the chicken chunks into the egg mixture and transfer to the almond flour mixture, making sure to coat well. Place the coated chicken on a separate plate.
- Repeat this process until all chicken chunks are coated.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook 3 minutes per side. (Be careful not to crowd in the skillet. Cook in 2 batches if needed)
- For the sauce, add everything to a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Place the nuggets on toothpicks with pickle slices and serve with the Special Sauce.
- If you don’t want to fry, feel free to add these to a baking sheet in a 425F oven for 10-15 minutes.
- For the air fryer cook on 400F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- If you need a sub for almond flour, use 1/3 cup coconut flour and 2 1/2 tbsp of arrowroot flour, mixed.
- The nutrition facts below is for chicken bites ONLY.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Entree/Appetizer
- Cuisine: DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, KETO, WHOLE30
- Calories: 477
- Sugar: 0.8
- Sodium: 721
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 3.4
- Protein: 35
Keywords: Chick-fil-A Nuggets, Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets, Whole30 Recipes, Keto Recipes