- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3 large carrots ((dice in big chunks))
- 1 medium onion ((quarter the onion, big chunks))
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro pumpkin seeds or just plain seeds will work
- Preheat oven to 425º. Line a large roasting sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash cut in half lengthwise (removing seeds), carrots, onion, and garlic on a roasting sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the top shelf of your oven.
- After 20 minutes of roasting, remove the onions and garlic. After 45 minutes, remove the squash and carrots. Make sure it is fork tender and allow to cool before scooping out the squash.
- Once cool, start scooping out the inside and transfer the squash and carrots to your blender (I use a Vitamix) with your onions and garlic. Add 2 cups of compliant chicken stock and 1/2 cup bone broth to the mix (If you don’t have bone broth, just use regular broth). Depending on desired consistency, add more broth for thinner soup and less for thicker consistency.
- Add in your ghee and coconut milk and blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- Add more seasoning to taste and top with bacon and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle everything with fresh coconut milk to make the flavors explode.
- Cuisine: Soup