A spicy and creamy buffalo dill chicken salad that is Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant. This salad is great on top of greens, stuffed in an avocado and just straight from a bowl.
- 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken (,chopped)
- 3 tbsp compliant pickles (,chopped)
- 1/3 cup sweet onions (,finely diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dill weed (,for garnish)
Buffalo Dill Mayo (Makes 1 Cup)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 2 1/4 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook your chicken as desired. Boil, grill, bake or use a compliant rotisserie chicken. Rough chop the chicken, pickles and onions. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Place the mixing bowl to the side and make the homemade Buffalo Dill Mayo.
- Add in the Whole30 compliant mayo into a mason jar. Here is my recipe for homemade mayo (1 cup of light olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp lemon juice) Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender add everything to a blender except the olive oil and turn on to slow/medium speed and slowly add the olive oil until thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl add in all of your seasonings and mix together. Transfer 2 tbsp of Franks Hot Sauce along with the seasoning mixture (dill, salt and pepper) to the mayo. Mix with a spoon.
- Mix ¾ cups of the homemade buffalo dill mayo into the chicken, pickles and onion mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp dill and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the top with Franks Hot Sauce and serve.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish