A creamy Broccoli Chicken “Cheddar” Soup that’s not only delicious, but also healthy. It’s filled with chicken, broccoli and my dairy free queso that tastes so close to the real thing. Keto, Paleo, Whole30 and Dairy Free. 8 NET carbs per serving.
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets, fresh
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
Dairy Free Queso
- In a large pot, add the ghee along with the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken broth, cooked chicken and broccoli . Stir together and simmer for 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- While the soup is cooking, make the dairy free queso by adding the hot coconut milk, cashews, nutritional yeast, cauliflower rice and xanthan gum. Blend on high speed for about 20-30 seconds until the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour this mixture into the soup and stir until combined. As the soup heats the queso will melt into the mixture.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes or so.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to sub hot water for the hot coconut milk. The coconut milk just gives it a creamier texture.
- Make sure the water or coconut milk is hot when making the queso. It is KEY for it to be successful. Heat in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute.
- You can use frozen broccoli. Make sure steam or thaw before using.
- 8 NET carbs per serving.
- Category: Main Dish/Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 950
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 48
Keywords: Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Keto, Paleo Whole30