- 1 lb. lean steak ((Flank Steak) thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli (cut into 2″ sections, or use frozen broccoli)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminoes
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper and pepper (plus more to taste)
- 2 tbs water (as desired)
- olive oil or coconut oil (for cooking)
- 3 tbsp beef or bone broth
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine thinly sliced steak with arrowroot powder (Whole 30 approved). Toss to coat well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Work in small batches, add a few slices of steak to the pan (make sure they are not touching). Cook 60-90 seconds per side, then transfer to a clean plate or bowl. Repeat with remaining steak, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- After the steak is cooked, add fresh or frozen broccoli to the skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- While the broccoli is cooking, mix up your sauce by combining the coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- When broccoli is cooked through, transfer to plate/bowl with the steak. Pour sauce into the pan and stir. Transfer cooked broccoli and steak to the pan and stir until combined together. The sauce will thicken as it cooks (give it 3-5 minutes). If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of water and or bone or beef broth.
- Serve warm over cauliflower rice and top with green scallions, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Steak