Dinner just got a whole lot easier with my adorable BBQ Tofu Sliders, This recipe includes a grilled piece of tofu slathered in BBQ sauce and served in a Hawaiian roll along with ranch coleslaw and a pickle
- Drain and press the tofu using a paper towel. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to get as much water out as possible. (Continue to periodically press down on the tofu during the 10 minutes)
- Slice the tofu into slabs (note: I slice in quarters, then again in thirds to get 12 thick slices. Season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tofu slabs to the pan and Cook until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the barbecue sauce using a brush to each slab of tofu and carefully turn the to coat the other side with the sauce.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl add the coleslaw mix along with the ranch dressing and mix until combined.
- To assemble the sliders, place the coleslaw mixture on each sliced Hawaiian roll and top with a tofu slab and a pickle along with any additional BBQ sauce from the pan.
- Category: Appetizers/Entree
- Method: Stovetop