- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 oz package of cheese tortellini, I love Costco tortellini or Barilla brand. (thawed)
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- 5–6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat a large skillet or cast iron over medium/high heat. Add olive oil to the skillet. Once warm, add the onions and minced garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add in the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain off any excess grease.
- To the ground beef, add the jar of sauce and reduce the heat. Add the parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese to the sauce and mix together with a wooden spoon until melted. Add the tortellini and cook for 7-8 minutes. (If you don’t want to just add in the pasta, cook the tortellini according to the box or bag before adding in, especially if it is frozen).
- Cover the top of the mixture with mozzarella cheese. Place the skillet in a 400F oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop/Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: baked tortellini lasagna, tortellini casserole, lasagna with no bake noodles