This Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Bowls taste better than takeout. It is filled with cauliflower rice, hearty veggies and chicken smothered in teriyaki sauce. It is also Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant.
- 4– (4-6 oz) chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 8 oz bag snapped peas
- 1/2 large yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 (12 oz) bags cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds & green onions (for garnish)
- 3/4 cups coconut aminos
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour (dissolved in 1 1/2 tbsp water) or 1/4 tsp xanthan gum for Keto
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice (Omit for Keto)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (omit for Keto and sub 1 1/2 tbsp of Monk Fruit Syrup)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Chicken and Veggies
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat along with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the chicken breast seasoned with a little salt and pepper and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature hits 165F.
- Remove and place the chicken breast to the side and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, clean and prepare the, zucchini, carrots, snapped peas and onions.
- In the same skillet, add 2 tsp of sesame seed oil and heat over medium heat. Add all the veggies and combine together with a wooden spoon and cook until tender, 4-5minutes.
- Cook the cauliflower rice as directed on the packaging.
- Remove the chicken from the foil and cut into cubes using a knife. Transfer the cubed chicken into a large bowl. Slowly pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and combine using a spoon.
- Build the bowls by adding the cauliflower rice to the bottom of the bowl and top with the chicken and veggies. Garnish with sesame seeds and and green onions. Enjoy!
- Add in the coconut aminos, sesame seed oil, orange and pineapple juice, garlic and ground ginger to a saucepan over medium heat. Mix together with a spoon until combined.
- Once the mixture comes to a slow boil add in the tapioca dissolved in water and combine. Turn heat to low. As it continues to heat the sauce will become thicker. Once thick, remove from heat.
*For Keto remove all fruit juices and sub using Monk Fruit Syrup.
- Category: Main Dish