Y’all, chicken is yummy all by itself, but try stuffing it with prosciutto, spinach, and mozzarella. This recipe is clean eating, but can also be tailored to be dairy-free, Whole 30 and Paleo approved. I used almond cheese in my clean version, but you can omit to make it fit into the other categories. This is a super easy and flavorful meal to throw together on a busy weeknight or on a cozy, lazy Saturday night. I am NOT a fan of oven baked chicken, it has been a dislike of mine, I can’t stand crockpot or oven baked chicken. Here is the trick, brown your chicken in a skillet before cooking in the oven and it is moist and has a juicy flavor that will melt in your mouth.Serving this chicken with my slow cooked green beans makes for an excellent and easy meal. Usually, on Sundays, I will cook a big pot of green beans all day that will usually last a couple of meals. I add 4 cans of organic green beans along with, cut up bacon, onions, garlic powder, olive oil, 1/2 cup chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste. I let the beans simmer all day on low and by the evening they are perfection.
Chicken stuffed with dairy-free cheese, prosciutto and spinach make for an easy and delicious dinner.
- 6 chicken breast
- 6 slices proscuitto
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (dairy free option or fat-free)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 roma tomoates (sliced)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat skillet on medium/high heat with 1 tbsp oilve oil.
- While these are heating, slice your chicken breast horizontally down the middle. Only slice about 3/4 of the way and don’t cut all the way through. This will leave a little flap to make closing the chicken easy.
- Start layering your proscuitto, spinach, tomatoes and lastly, add the cheese. (Use fat free mozzarella or dairy-free almond cheese).
- Once your chicken breast are constructing, close each one tightly and throw in the hot pan to brown on each side. Leave them in long enough to get each side crispy.
- Once each side is crispy (don’t worry about if it is cooked all the way though) add to a baking sheet and throw in the oven for 30 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serve with my slow cooked green beans.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Chicken